On 20 September 1942, the Yiddish-language periodical Oif der Vach (On Guard) published an article titled “The Jews of Warsaw Are Killed in Treblinka.” The author claimed that Jews were being killed by gas or electrocution in three camps: Belzec, Treblinka and, for the Jews from western Belorussia, another one in the vicinity of the western Belorussian city of Pinsk. (See Arad 1987, pp. 244-246.)
All historians agree, however, that no such camp with any mass-murder facility ever existed in or near the city of Pinsk. This phantom extermination camp was the figment of the author’s imagination, or if he had “sources,” then they were nothing but black propaganda.