Oranienburg is a town north-northwest of Berlin. It was the location of a small prison facility functioning as a concentration camp between March 1933 and summer 1934, when it was dissolved. A new camp on the town’s outskirts, called Sachsenhausen, was established in 1936. Since 1938, Oranienburg was also the seat of the SS’s Concentration Camp Inspectorate headed by Richard Glücks. It was housed in a building adjacent to the Sachsenhausen Camp.